A tipped uterus is a fairly common condition, present in about 15% of women. Usually, the top of the uterus is bent at a right angle to the cervix. When the top of the uterus is tipped over the cervix or behind the cervix, it is referred to as a tipped uterus.
A tipped uterus can have several symptoms:
– Pain during sexual intercourse. This happens when the penis hits the cervix or uterus during sex.
– Pelvic pain during menstruation or ovulation.
– Back pain during menstruation.
– Minor incontinence.
– Urinary tract infections.
– Difficulty using tampons.
The biggest problem with a tipped uterus and fertility is that a tipped uterus can make sexual intercourse very painful and difficult. If a doctor determines that it is causing a problem for you when trying to conceive, the uterus can be tipped into its correct position. Straightening out the uterus can often enable a woman to become pregnant, if that was the reason for the failure to conceive.